The Medical Image and Signal Processing Laboratory (MEDISP) mission is:
- Undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and research at the Department of Biomedical Engineering and at other Departments of the University of West Attica in subjects that fall within the subjects of the Laboratory.
- Supporting doctoral and postdoctoral research on research fields related to the teaching and research activities of the Laboratory.
- Promoting teaching and research collaborations between professors and researchers with related or complementary scientific fields within the University of West Attica.
- Collaborating with Research Centers and Academic Institutions, national and abroad, as long as the objectives are relevant and complement in a spirit of reciprocity and collective work.
- Cooperation with the public sector, local authorities, scientific social and professional institutions, international organizations as well as private sector organizations in the related scientific fields, to contribute to the joint exploration of solutions and proposals to tackle modern problems.
- Providing expert opinions on issues related to the Laboratory’s subject areas, in accordance with the applicable legislation.
- The provision of services to individuals and organizations.
- Attracting research funds by national and international resources into the scientific fields of activity of the Laboratory or individual fields of specialization of its members.
- The organization of scientific lectures, seminars, symposia, conferences and other scientific events, the organization of publications and the invitation of Greek and foreign recognized scholars.